- You must book a pre-consultation with the City before formally submitting your application. Download and complete our Pre-Consultation Meeting Request Form and follow the instructions on the form to include all necessary information and fees to accompany your form. You must include, at a minimum:
- Your completed form
- Your development concept
- Details of your development project (as described in the form)
- Pre-consultation fee of $1,200
Once you have all the necessary information, forms and fees for your pre-consultation request, contact us by phone at 905-335-7642 or by email at [email protected] for the contact to submit your application in electronic and paper format. Please follow the submission standards outlined in the application form.
Once we receive your submission, we will contact you directly with the date, time and location of your pre-consultation meeting with staff. A minimum of three weeks is required, between the receipt of your submission and the meeting, to allow staff to circulate the request to the departments and agencies concerned for their comments.
During the meeting:
- The relevant municipal departments and agencies will review their comments with you.
- We will provide preliminary comments on the proposed development
- We will discuss application requirements and next steps
We credit your pre-application fee to the corresponding development request, provided you submit it within one year of the date of the pre-consultation meeting. Development requests substantially different from the request presented during the pre-consultation meeting will not be credited and a new pre-consultation meeting may be required, including additional costs. We will not credit additional pre-consultation fees on future development application fees.