An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Professional Practice Team for a Senior Counsel. The position is a maternity replacement position for a period of 12 months and attracts a salary of £43,500 per year.
We are the professional body of over 12,000 Scottish solicitors. In addition to setting standards and regulating lawyers, our role is to understand and meet the needs of our members and the public.
Our professional practice team provides high quality advice and guidance to members on professional conduct, ethics and the Society’s rules and guidelines of practice. This is achieved by providing a balanced package of advice, information and responsive call handling and ensuring high standards of member support.
The team is looking for a Scottish solicitor, with a current practicing certificate and at least 3 years of PQE, who can help members and their businesses innovate and grow.
This role will assist in providing guidance to the profession as well as proactive management of committees and engagement of key stakeholders. It will report directly to our Head of Professional Practice and will involve acting as an ambassador for the Society and undertaking external speaking engagements.
To be successful in the role, you must be comfortable and confident in your dealings with senior members of the profession and understand both the role the Law Society plays within the legal profession and the standards required. You must be action-oriented, results-oriented and very personable.
We are looking for a passionate individual who must be innovative, driven, organized and have a solid understanding of commercial drivers. The successful candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as they will act as a brand ambassador for the Company. Training and support is available for the successful candidate. The candidate will also have an up-to-date knowledge of the Company’s rules of practice and guidelines.
You will have autonomy and responsibility to make decisions. We expect you to take ownership of several key areas and continually refine and improve our offering. You will be an excellent, passionate communicator, able to take responsibility and make business-critical decisions.
What will I receive in return?
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to support the professional work of our colleagues and personal needs, which includes
- a 35-hour work week
- a flexible schedule system that allows you to adjust your working hours on a 4-week basis
- a hybrid and flexible work, to allow you to work around your lifestyle and your commitments
- generous annual leave of 25 vacation days plus statutory holidays
- a range of health and wellness benefits, including our Employee Assistance Program which provides confidential counseling and information services, a childcare voucher program, a generous sick pay, a bike-to-work program and a free life insurance program
- opportunities to learn and grow through our training opportunities to improve your skills or through programs leading to a professional or academic qualification
- a competitive pension plan
You will join an award-winning organization, officially recognized as a great place to work! We are very proud of
- hold an Investors in People Silver accreditation
- hold a Gold Healthy Working Lives award
- be a living wage employer
Please visit our website for more information on how we reward our colleagues through our unparalleled compensation and benefits.
As an organization, our values are respect, openness, progress, inclusion and integrity. We strive to embed them in all of our interactions with our colleagues, members, stakeholders and members of the public.
Further information on the vacancy can be found in our website. Please note that only applications submitted in the correct format will be considered.
This vacation will end at 12 noon on Monday April 4th. It is expected that the first interviews will take place over the next two weeks. All interviews will be done by videoconference.
No resumes or agencies please.